Staffordshire County Council, Tamworth Borough Council & Sustrans are working together to Inspire New Travel Options (INTO) for Tamworth. This project supports and promotes Active Tamworth.
The INTO project aims to:
- improve opportunities for residents in Tamworth to access jobs, education & services;
- enable economic growth in Tamworth without increasing congestion;
- encourage walking, cycling and public transport use, particularly on congested roads;
- make public transport easier to use and places easier to get to;
- improve safety and security by encouraging safe walking and cycling through training and education;
- reduce road transport and emissions and their effects on the highway network;
- reduce journeys by car;
- encourage sustainable travel;
- promote the environmental, financial and health benefits of smarter travel choices to individuals.
The INTO project is committed to:
- improving the walking and cycling network in Tamworth;
- providing a Bike Bus that will visit schools, businesses and communities to give advice, bike checks, cycle training and lead rides;
- introducing electronic bus information displays;
- introducing free Wi Fi on buses;
- facilitating bus taster tickets;
- promoting electric vehicle charging points;
- supporting businesses and schools to help inspire new ways of travelling;
- bike hubs;
- improving access to employment through moped hire and bicycle loans.